Many young people age 18-25 are the first generation of adults to grow up not knowing the world without the Internet. For those that do not have access, they are some of the people that are pushing hardest for it.
Young people are shaping online culture in so many ways. They use the Internet to meet people around the world, create the videos that go viral, create art that moves us, and start and stand behind online social movements that make us think.
If you’re 18-25 and meet the criteria, please apply to be a Youth@IGF participant and build your dream Internet.
Online course work
- Travel fellowship to IGF 2017
- Webinar lecture series
- Onsite Collaborative Leadership Exchange
- Top participants in the online course will be selected for the travel fellowship to the Internet Governance Forum 2017 in Geneva, Switzerland, 16-21 December (including some pre-IGF events).
- The fellowship includes:
- Airfare costs
- Hotel accommodation during the event.
All applicants must be ISOC members between the ages of 18-25 years.
Also, they must have:
- Basic awareness of Internet-related issues
- Fluency in English, French, or Spanish
- Be able to write clearly
- Be comfortable with public speaking and communicating your positions
- Have regular access to the Internet
- Alignment with the Internet Society Core principles
- Spend a minimum of 8 hours each week during each of the phases
- Be ready take part in the meetings or webinars (this is the single most important requirement and should be evaluated seriously by any potential applicant).
- The selection committee is focused on professional, geographical, and gender diversity in the overall selections.
Important: There will be an additional selection process for the second phase (Travel Fellowship). It is only available for selected participants who have accomplished the online course with a minimum of 90% participation rate.
*If you are not an ISOC member yet, ISOC welcome you to join their Community!
DEADLINE: August 15, 2017
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Toluwanimi Onibokun (see all)
- APPLY: WBYF Book Review Event With Ayisha Osori - September 18, 2017
- APPLY: Youth Entrepreneurship Workshop 2017 in Netherland - August 29, 2017
- APPLY: Pershing Square Graduate Scholarships, University of Oxford 2018-20 (Fully Funded) - August 29, 2017