The Singapore International Foundation (SIF) believes in equipping, enabling and inspiring young changemakers like you to make your social enterprise idea a reality. Through the YSE programme, we nurture a network of social entrepreneurs, where the power of ideas, know-how and resources can be harnessed to enrich lives and effect positive change for a better world. Launched in 2010, they have close to 700 alumni representing 27 nationalities.
The YSE programme seeks to inspire, equip and enable youth of different nationalities to embark on social enterprises (SEs) in Singapore and beyond. If you have a social enterprise idea, they want to help you make it happen. Through the YSE programme, participants will learn from and interact with leading social entrepreneurs, business professionals and other youth who are keen on social innovation, while expanding their networks for potential collaborations for good.
Admitted YSEs will attend a 4-day YSE Workshop held in Singapore, and pitch for a chance to be shortlisted into the YSE programme which includes a mentorship scheme; overseas study visit and an opportunity to pitch for funding. All admitted YSEs will be able to join our network, and engage in alumni activities throughout the year.
- Ecosystem – Join an international ecosystem of changemakers including like-minded individuals, corporates, practitioners and successful entrepreneurs
- Mentorship – Gain access to industry experts and professionals for mentorship
- Overseas study visits – Embark on overseas study visit to gain insights
- Grants – Develop your social enterprise with up to SGD$ 20,000 in grants
- Only meals and transport during the workshop will be provided by SIF
- They welcome passionate young changemakers and entrepreneurs of any nationality who have innovative business ideas that address a social need.
- Have a viable business proposition that addresses social issues
- Are a committed individual or have a team (with up to 3 members who can join the programme)
- Are between 18 to 30 years old (open to all nationalities)
- You will need to pay for transport cost to the assembly venue each morning and back to your accommodation each night. Overseas participants will need to cover your own airport transfers.
DEADLINE: December 10, 2017
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Toluwanimi Onibokun (see all)
- APPLY: Wallace Stegner Fellowship in USA 2018-2020 - November 17, 2017
- APPLY: Wisden-MCC Cricket Photograph of the Year Competition 2017 - November 17, 2017
- APPLY: The Great African Caravan [Call for National Youth Coordinators] - November 17, 2017