World Bank Social Inclusion Heroes (SIH) Story Competition 2017 (win a funded trip to Washington, D.C., USA)
If you are under 40 years old, carrying out great work transforming the lives of socially excluded people in your community—for example, street children, disabled persons, albinos, and in some societies, twins— in Africa, we’d like to hear your story.
Submit your story in only one of the following formats:
(a) A written essay, preferably as a Microsoft Word file attachment, not exceeding 700 words;
(b) A 3 minute video, uploaded to YouTube, with the link shared in your mail ; or
(c) A 3-minute audio recording in mp3 format. Longer submissions will be disqualified.
- The winner becomes one of our Social Inclusion Heroes, and could win a trip to Washington, D.C., alongside other prizes.
- Any person aged 40 or under on December 1, 2017, living in a sub-Saharan country where the World Bank has an office, can take part in the competition. However, World Bank Group staff and their dependents cannot participate.
- Language: The story must be in one of these three languages: English, French, or Portuguese.
DEADLINE: December 15 2017
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Malti Danjuma (see all)
- Attend: Young Men’s Network ENDFGM Picnic - December 14, 2017
- APPLY: Uganda Development Bank (UDB) i-Growth Acceleration Program 2017 - December 14, 2017
- APPLY: New International Voices Residency Programme London 2018 - December 13, 2017