Applications for the 2018 class of Women Deliver Young Leaders are now open. Women Deliver will be accepting 300 young advocates for the next class of Young Leaders. The Women Deliver Young Leaders Program is a two-year program that trains, elevates, and empowers youth advocates to catalyze action for gender equality and the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women — with particular emphasis on sexual and reproductive health and rights and meaningful youth engagement.
The program provides youth advocates with the training and resources necessary to extend their influence and actively shape the programs and policies that affect their lives. Started in 2010, the award-winning Women Deliver Young Leaders Program is comprised of 400 youth advocates from more than 100 countries, with 300 more scheduled to join in early 2018.
The Young Leaders Program provides youth advocates with opportunities to build and strengthen their advocacy capacity and skills, through:
- Global visibility as champions for the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women.
- Networking opportunities with high-level decision-makers, stakeholders, media, private sector representatives, and other change-makers, including other youth advocates and activists working around the world.
- Digital University: Structured course work led by a faculty of experts provides a solid foundation that enables each Young Leader to enact change and deliver for girls and women.
- Speakers Bureau:The Women Deliver Speakers Bureau identifies national and global speaking opportunities for Young Leaders while elevating them to positions of influence and power, including on panels, on commissions, and on boards.
- Seed Grants: Women Deliver provides seed grants to select Young Leaders to implement short term advocacy and communications projects that they create in order to advance the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women in their communities and across the globe.
- Women Deliver Global Conference: All Young Leaders receive a full scholarship to attend a Women Deliver Global Conference 2019 in Canada from June 2-6, 2019. Young Leaders attend at two-day Youth Pre-Conference, participate in sessions at the Youth Zone, and receive numerous media and speaking opportunities.
- Individuals between the ages of 15 and 28 can apply. Applicants must have been born between December 31, 1989 and December 31, 2002; this is to ensure Women Deliver Young Leaders are under the age of 30 for the duration of the program.
- All young people, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or national origin are encouraged and welcome to apply.
- Applicants must speak, write, and read English with proficiency and have regular access to the internet.
DEADLINE: October 13 2017
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Toluwanimi Onibokun (see all)
- APPLY: Youth@IGF Programme 2017 in Geneva, Switzerland - August 14, 2017
- APPLY: Millennium Campus Conference, Morocco 2017 - August 14, 2017
- APPLY: E-Learning Development Internship 2017 at UNSSC HQ in Italy - August 13, 2017