The International Centre for Journalists (ICFJ) in collaboration with ONE and the Elliott family seek entries for the 2018 Michael Elliott Award for Excellence in African Storytelling. In its second year, this prestigious award will honor an up-and-coming journalist in Africa who tells important stories through quality reporting.
- This award, given in Mike’s name, will provide the winner a $5,000 cash prize to pursue an in-depth reporting project.
- In a special study tour organized by ICFJ, the winner will spend time in U.S. newsrooms to learn new skills and share knowledge.
- In order to take full advantage of the study tour, applicants must speak English, even if they work in another language.
- The contest is open to up-and-coming, English-speaking journalists working in Africa for print, broadcast and online news media.
- Applicants must have no more than 10 years of journalism experience.
- Applicants must submit one published story that reflects top-notch storytelling about important issues.
- The submission can be a feature story; an in-depth, investigative or explanatory piece; or a multimedia report or documentary.
- The published story or broadcast must be submitted in English. Works in other languages must include English translations.
DEADLINE: December 31 2017
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Malti Danjuma (see all)
- Attend: Young Men’s Network ENDFGM Picnic - December 14, 2017
- APPLY: Uganda Development Bank (UDB) i-Growth Acceleration Program 2017 - December 14, 2017
- APPLY: New International Voices Residency Programme London 2018 - December 13, 2017