The Africa Development Bank (AfDB) and the Nairobi Innovation Week (NIW) have partnered to run a joint innovation challenge that focuses on the Bank’s High 5 priorities; Light up and power Africa, Feed Africa, Industrialize Africa, Integrate Africa, and Improve the quality of life for the people of Africa.
- Travel costs to attend the NIW 2018 (a roundtrip economy class ticket and accommodation if coming from outside Kenya.
- An award of USD 1000 to support the innovation.
- A placard in recognition of the innovation.
- Opportunity to exhibit the innovation at the NIW2018.
- Opportunity to meet and interact with the Director General AfDB, East Africa Regional Development and business-orientedness Delivery Office.
- Have an innovation addressing one of the AfDB High 5 priorities.
- Interested Innovators should be over 18 years
- Submit a complete and eligible application
- Have a product or service that already has users or customers
- Have some market traction
- Have a clear business and operational model
- Have an existing team in the start-up
- Demonstrate impact
- Demonstrate evidence of sustainability
- Illustrate how their innovation addresses gender equality’
DEADLINE: February 28 2018
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Malti Danjuma (see all)
- APPLY: “The Africa of My Dreams” – Young Africans, Get Writing! Contest - February 24, 2018
- APPLY: British Council’s Future Leaders Connect Program for Emerging Leaders 2018 - February 23, 2018
- APPLY: American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the College of Surgeons of East, Central, and Southern Africa (COSECSA) Scholarship Program 2018 - February 23, 2018