YLVP aims to support young leaders in the MENA-region and Sweden by giving them the tools and methods they need in their work for an equal and sustainable society. All participants are experts in their field, and learning will take place between participants and through external experts. YLVP is as much about personal as professional development. It is about growing as a person with renewed confidence and insights, and growing as a leader with new tools, methods and perspectives.
The programme is an intense training based on real experiences and collaborative learning.
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute:
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
- Flight tickets to and from module 1 and 2
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
- Visa costs
You can apply to YLVP if you:
- Have a leading position in your work for social change (for example in your work as a civil servant, a youth politician, a legal worker, a journalist, a social worker, a social entrepreneur or a cultural worker).
- Work in a collaborative setting, where you have a leadership role (formal or informal)
- Are working actively for democracy, sustainability, diversity and/or human rights
- Are between 22 and 32 years old (born 1985 – 1996)
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- Are a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine*, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen.
- Can take part in all parts of the programme
- Are prepared to forward competences and knowledge you gain from the programme.
DEADLINE: December 5 2017
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Malti Danjuma (see all)
- APPLY: STARTS Prize 2018 - January 23, 2018
- APPLY: Summer Institute on Critical Studies of Environmental Governance 2018 - January 23, 2018
- APPLY: Jan-Georg Deutsch Scholarship in African History - January 23, 2018