At Segal Family Foundation, we believe in a world where development is steered by grassroots leaders and power is shifted into the hands of communities. We work across Sub-Saharan Africa and strive to be true partners to our grantees. We want to change the power dynamics inherent in traditional philanthropy and prove that a new, more equitable, and responsive approach is not only more fair, but more effective.
- Two years of capacity-building support opportunities, such as coaching, mentorship, and specific technical assistance catered to your organisation’s needs
- Promotion amongst SFF’s network of funder friends
- Stipends and access to international conferences and funder spaces (when possible)
- Access to a community of passionate, supportive, like-minded African leaders
- You are an African national.
- You are the top leader and primary decision-maker of your organisation.
- You care deeply about the community you work in and are passionate about the issues your work addresses. Your work is a vocation, not just a job.
- You have deep contextual knowledge of the location and community within which you work.
- You can demonstrate that your work has potential to lead to improvement in the lives of the communities and individuals they serve, especially youth.
- You think big and address old problems in new ways, demonstrating innovation in your approach.
DEADLINE: February 20 2018
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Malti Danjuma (see all)
- APPLY: “The Africa of My Dreams” – Young Africans, Get Writing! Contest - February 24, 2018
- APPLY: British Council’s Future Leaders Connect Program for Emerging Leaders 2018 - February 23, 2018
- APPLY: American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the College of Surgeons of East, Central, and Southern Africa (COSECSA) Scholarship Program 2018 - February 23, 2018