The Islamic Development Bank established the IDB Prize for Women’s Contribution to Development in 2006 to draw international attention to the vital role women play in developing their communities and the world.
In order to highlight various issues shaping our world and their specific effects on women, the theme of the Prize varies each year and is further specified into topics for the individual and organization categories.
The Prize consists of two cash awards :
- S. $ 50,000 for a woman or a group of women
- S. $ 100,000 for an organization
- The Prize is awarded during the Annual Meeting of the IDB Board of Governors.
- The general criteria applied in selecting and assessing nominations for the Prize for both individuals and organizations include the following:
- Impact: Individuals and organizations nominated should exhibit projects that have contributed to the improvement of the socio-economic status and well being of society.
- Creativity: Individuals and organizations nominated should have projects/activities that are outstanding, innovative and unique
- Outreach: Individuals and organizations nominated should have mechanisms for expanding their projects/activities to surrounding areas to ensure their services are offered to as many beneficiaries as possible.
- Sustainability: Individuals and organizations nominated should have projects/activities that are sustainable
DEADLINE: November 30, 2017
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Toluwanimi Onibokun (see all)
- APPLY: Novella-in-Flash Award Entry in UK 2018 - January 23, 2018
- APPLY: Journalism Fellowship Programme at University of Oxford 2018 - January 23, 2018
- APPLY: LEAP Summit 2018 in Croatia - January 22, 2018