Google Summer of Code (GSoC) is a global program focused on bringing more student developers into open source software development. It offers post secondary-school developers aged 18 and above, the opportunity to work with open source organisations on a three month coding project while getting paid some stipends up to the tune of $US 6,000.
Entry into the GSoC program is highly competitive as Google is looking for the best of the best to work with.
To this end, Netopps and Rivers State Ministry Of Youth Development are partnering with Samson Goddy, a GSoC mentor, to organise a Bootcamp for developers who are interested in applying for GSoC.
- The aim of this bootcamp is to teach participants and give them tips that would highly increase their chance of being selected for the global opportunity that is GSoC. Seasoned developers have already been booked for the one-day Bootcamp.
To be Eligible, participants:
- Must be 18 and older
- Must be a student in a tertiary institution (university, polytechnic, college etc)
- Should already be a practicing computer programmer.
DEADLINE: January 31 2018
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Malti Danjuma (see all)
- APPLY: “The Africa of My Dreams” – Young Africans, Get Writing! Contest - February 24, 2018
- APPLY: British Council’s Future Leaders Connect Program for Emerging Leaders 2018 - February 23, 2018
- APPLY: American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the College of Surgeons of East, Central, and Southern Africa (COSECSA) Scholarship Program 2018 - February 23, 2018