The Flash fiction award is a creativity offshoot that has been established to cater for the interest of unpublished writers across the continent and to garner publicity for the art of flash fiction writing and the writers.
In today’s fast paced world where communication is right at our fingertips through smart devices; phones, tablets and the likes, consumers prefer to consume information on-the- go and in bite sized chunks. The Flash Fiction Award seeks to marry both of these concepts together thus providing added value to mobile device users across Africa.
- Winning Author will be awarded £1,000 cash prize and a high end device.
- Runners up (2) will be awarded £500 cash prize and a high end device each.
- Winners of the Top 50 stories will have a published e-book compilation by okadabooks.com promoted online and via SMS and published print book (if available) distributed at award ceremony.
- The competition is open to all writers of unpublished short stories.
DEADLINE: October 14 2016
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Malti Danjuma (see all)
- APPLY: VSO Nigeria International Citizen Service Programme 2018 (Funded) - December 15, 2017
- APPLY: The Skoll MBA Scholarship In Social Entrepreneurship 2018 - December 15, 2017
- APPLY: The Mawazo PhD Scholars Programme 2018 - December 15, 2017