The Learning Lab is one of the Programme Teams in the UNSSC, seeking to offer UN system organizations and staff innovative and cost effective solutions to support staff development and increasing learning, management and communication competencies and organizational capabilities.
The intern will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Participate in the design of e learning products.
- Assist resource persons on how to use technology and better conduct online courses.
- Publish and update content on UNSSC learning platform. (Moodle)
- Design questionnaires to measure learning impact.
- Perform learning analytics, compile and visualize data, and code qualitative data.
- Create video and multimedia content to support learning programmes.
- Organize webinars for participants while coordinating with professors and content experts.
- Assist with administrative tasks as required.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Interns who are not financially supported by other institutions shall receive a stipend from UNSSC intended to assist in covering basic subsistence costs.
- The monthly amount of the stipend is fixed at 450€. No other payment of any kind shall be made to an intern by UNSSC in connection with an internship agreement.
FURTHER CAREER OPPORTUNITIES:
- The interns shall not be considered in any respect as being a staff member of UNSSC and shall not accrue benefits. In this regard, assignments under the Internship Programme does not carry an expectation of conversion to any other type of contract or appointment in any activity of the UNSSC.
- Interns may not apply for or are appointed to any position in the Professional or above categories during the period of their internship and for the six months immediately following the expiration date thereof.
Applicants can be considered if they meet one of the following:
- Are enrolled in a Master’s or in a Ph.D. programme.
- Are enrolled in the final year of a Bachelor’s programme.
- Are within one year after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. programme in instructional design, adult education, communication, web design, graphic design or other related areas from an accredited college or university.
- Previous work experience is not required.
- Portfolio or evidence of skills is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in qualitative data analysis is an asset.
- Fluency (written and oral) in English.
- Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with online learning and social media tools.
- Mobile app development experience is an asset.
Other skills and competencies:
- Ability to learn and act in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- High motivation with a desire to learn and grow professionally.
DEADLINE: September 10 2017
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Toluwanimi Onibokun (see all)
- APPLY: Wallace Stegner Fellowship in USA 2018-2020 - November 17, 2017
- APPLY: Wisden-MCC Cricket Photograph of the Year Competition 2017 - November 17, 2017
- APPLY: The Great African Caravan [Call for National Youth Coordinators] - November 17, 2017