Each summer the Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University swings open the doors of our vibrant yellow house to welcome a group of talented and curious students as full-time interns – Berkterns! – who are passionate about the promise of the Internet. Finding connected and complementary research inquiries among their diverse backgrounds, students represent all levels of study, are being trained in disciplines across the board, and come from universities all over the world to tackle issues related to the core of the Center’s research agenda. Summer interns jump head first into the swirl of the Berkman Klein universe, where they are deeply and substantively involved in our research projects and efforts.
Interns are paid $11.50 an hour, with the exception of certain opportunities for law students who receive summer public interest funds.
- Internships are open to students enrolled across the full spectrum of disciplines.
- Internships are open to students at different levels of academic study including those in bachelor’s, master’s, law, and Ph.D programs. We also welcome applications from recent graduates and those in between academic programs.
- Summer interns do not need to be U.S. residents or in school in the U.S.; indeed, we encourage international students to apply.
- Selected interns must be authorized to be employed in the United States during the summer. The Berkman Klein Center works with the Harvard International Office (HIO) to sponsor J-1 Student Intern Visas, which permit employment, for selected summer interns who meet the visa requirements.
- Summer interns do not need an existing affiliation with Harvard University.
DEADLINE: February 28 2018
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Malti Danjuma (see all)
- APPLY: “The Africa of My Dreams” – Young Africans, Get Writing! Contest - February 24, 2018
- APPLY: British Council’s Future Leaders Connect Program for Emerging Leaders 2018 - February 23, 2018
- APPLY: American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the College of Surgeons of East, Central, and Southern Africa (COSECSA) Scholarship Program 2018 - February 23, 2018