The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a three-year leadership opportunity for the development of Bank’s future leaders. We attract highly qualified and motivated professionals from our member countries for a productive and rewarding career path in development. Through the YPP, the Bank ensures continuity and excellence in both the management of its work programs and the provision of policy advice to its regional member countries.
- The Young Professionals Program offers you a platform to build an exceptional and fulfilling career in the Bank. This development program spans 36 months and is structured under the Young Professionals Learning Academy.
- It is delivered in batches of 6 months each, to deepen knowledge and build technical and leadership skills necessary for future roles.
- Be a citizen of a regional or non-regional AfDB member country
- Be 32 years of age or younger by 31st December, 2017
- Possess a Master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline that is relevant to the business of the Bank, with outstanding academic credentials
- Have at least 3 years work experience in the areas related to our high priority areas (Hi-5s).
- Demonstrable on-the-ground/hands-on experience on the African continent and/or in other continent’s developing countries
- Have passion for Africa’s Development
- Demonstrate strengths in leadership including leading others
- Able to leverage knowledge, share and coach others
- Effectively work in teams with adaptability to a diverse environment
- Strong analytical skills, an entrepreneurial drive, results-orientation and problem-solving capability
- Business Acumen and innovation mindset.
- Be proficient in the Bank’s working languages, either English and/or French.
- Have skills that enable you work in a digital environment and embrace technology as it evolves
- Be willing to live in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire the Bank’s Headquarters, and travel to undertake country assignments.
DEADLINE: September 15 2017
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Malti Danjuma (see all)
- APPLY: STARTS Prize 2018 - January 23, 2018
- APPLY: Summer Institute on Critical Studies of Environmental Governance 2018 - January 23, 2018
- APPLY: Jan-Georg Deutsch Scholarship in African History - January 23, 2018