The financing of independent journalistic projects in transformation societies and autocracies is a key concern that impedes or at least hinders democratic processes and developments. It is therefore crucial not only to impart journalistic tools of the trade and ethical standards, but also to provide young journalists from this region with information about the financing options available and which models are suitable for their ideas and potential readers, enabling them to realise their own journalistic projects and support democratic processes. The focus will be, among other things, the founding of independent journalistic platform or initiatives in the digital age, and developing sustainable financing models.
- The one-week workshop (plus arrival and departure) also includes a two-day stay as a guest student in various editorial offices and journalistic start-ups in Berlin and Potsdam.
- The week ends on 14 September with participation in the M100 Sanssouci Colloquium.
- Held shortly before the German Bundestag elections, this year’s colloquium will present some 60 high-level representatives from the fields of politics, science, media, and relevant companies and institutions.
- Titled “Democracy or Despotism? The Renaissance of Dark Powers”, the event explores the impact of current political developments in Europe, the world situation after Trump’s first nine months in office, as well as the future and responsibility of the media.
- Young journalists between 18 and 27 years old from the countries of the European Partnership and Russia (Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Belarus, Armenia, Azerbaijan and Russia)
DEADLINE: June 12 2017
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Toluwanimi Onibokun (see all)
- APPLY: Global Schools Ambassador Program 2018 - July 18, 2017
- APPLY: International Youth Forum on Innovation (IYFI) in Singapore 2017 - July 18, 2017
- APPLY: UN Volunteering Opportunity 2017 - July 18, 2017