The Youth Initiative for Advocacy, Growth & Advancement (YIAGA) announces the call for applications from young people between the ages of 18 – 30 years for the fifth season of ‘Organizing for Policy Advocacy & Civic Engagement’ program (OPACE Season 5) in her Youth Organizing School.
The OPACE program is supported by the National Endowment for Democracy (NED), Washington DC with the aim to strengthen the institutional and technical capacities of youth organizations in organizing as a leadership practice, formulating policies and implementing advocacy activities promoting democratic values and principles in West Africa
- The School will place emphasis on legislative, political and regional institution engagement with an overall goal of sustaining responsible youth civic engagement in democracy.
- Selected participants from within Nigeria will be responsible for their transportation while YIAGA will cover accommodation and feeding costs.
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- 18 – 35 years of age;
- Fluent in English;
- Committed to attend all five days of the Youth Organizing School;
- Nigerian citizens resident in all 36 states of the Federation and the FCT are eligible to apply.
- The following Nigerian states – Anambra, Bayelsa, Ekiti, Kaduna, Katsina, Ogun, Plateau and Yobe will be given priority in the candidate selection process
- Female applicants are also encouraged to apply.
- Application is open to individuals from across the West African sub-region and Cameroon who possess valid travel documents.
DEADLINE: July 14 2017
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Malti Danjuma (see all)
- APPLY: Sydney Policy Lab Fellows - September 21, 2017
- APPLY: Knight-Wallace Fellowships for Journalists at the University of Michigan 2018/19 - September 21, 2017
- APPLY: Non-Profit Coach Global Leaders Fellowship 2018 - September 21, 2017