The Wangari Maathai Scholarship Fund is an environmental innovations fund set up in memory of Professor Wangari Maathai that aims at developing action oriented young people with strong values and commitment to the conservation of the physical and social environment in Kenya. The fund has been established by The Rockefeller Foundation, The Green Belt Movement and Kenya Community Development Foundation (KCDF).
- A scholarship award from the fund is given each year to a young woman who has demonstrated passion and personal commitment to environmental conservation.
- As part of the award, you will receive funds towards scholastic needs which includes tuition fees.
- You will also get funds to support a community environmental project which you must provide details as per the application form.
- A young woman of between the ages of 18 – 25 years.
- Kenyan citizens currently residing in Kenya
- The scholarship is limited to applicants who have enrolled in a Kenyan University
- Ability to demonstrate the environmental conservation project(s) they have started or have been involved in and how those initiatives have impacted people in their community, in ways that have improved environmental health and sustainability, and the fund’s goals of achieving a greener, cleaner and a more sustainable community.
DEADLINE: July 30 2017
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Malti Danjuma (see all)
- APPLY: Agroforestry Workshop – Kenya - July 21, 2017
- APPLY: UNICAF Scholarships to Study Online 2017/2018. - July 21, 2017
- APPLY: Next Einstein Forum Young Ambassador Programme 2017/2018 for Young Africans - July 21, 2017