A four-year, paid Technical Leadership Program designed to shape you into an elite software developer. Through your training and work with top global technology companies, you’ll master the professional and technical skills needed to become a technology leader, both on the continent and around the world.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- First you’ll complete a free application so we can learn more about you. Once we receive your application, we’ll email you an online test that measures logical reasoning and personality fit. (You’ll receive an email with next steps within 2 days of applying).
- Then you’ll need to complete an introduction to software development self-study course focused on Python.During the course, you’ll complete a Proctor test that will evaluate your knowledge of the content you’ve learned. You will also be invited to a Slack community called ‘Open Andela’ to help guide and encourage you throughout the process.
- If selected you’ll be invited to a panel of interviews made up of staff members and fellows at an Andela campus. (You’ll receive an email 1 week prior to the interview stage. Please see below for the recruitment calendar.)
- Successful applicants participate in a two-week, full-time bootcamp at an Andela campus led by senior developers. You’ll be expected to learn independently as well as work on a team to deliver a final project. We’re looking for work ethic, passion and teamwork.
- The highest performing participants are accepted into Andela’s four-year Technical Leadership Program.
- You must be 18 or older
- Andela does not have any degree or diploma requirements. (Nigeria only: However, if you have completed university or have a Higher National Diploma from a Polytechnic, and have not been formally exempted, you must complete your one-year National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) before applying to Andela)
- Andela is a full-time, four-year commitment, so if you have any major commitment such as school or work, we recommend applying when you have graduated, stopped school or ended other commitments
- Most importantly, you must embody Andela’s values: Excellence, Passion, Integrity and Collaboration
TECHNICAL LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
Andela’s four-year Technical Leadership Program is a blend of personalized instruction, supported self-study and hands-on experience building real products. Instead of paying tuition, as you would for a traditional academic program, you’ll earn a competitive salary and benefits throughout your four years with Andela.
After successfully completing the initial training period, you’ll be fully prepared to start working with one of our clients as a full-time, distributed team member. During the remaining 3.5 years, you’ll apply your knowledge to client work, while receiving ongoing professional and technical development, coaching and mentorship.
We’ve built our program on the belief that brilliance is evenly distributed, but opportunity is not. We believe that real-world experience is invaluable and that professional skills are as critical as technical skills. We’ve created a blended learning environment (in-person and online) that encompasses the professional and technical skills you need to become Africa’s next generation of technology leaders:
- Supported self-study technical curricula
- Professional soft skills training
- 1:1 guidance
- Realistic project simulations
- Mentorship from world-class senior trainers
- Peer learning groups that consist of other brilliant people with whom you’ll build lifelong friendships
- International client access
Our technical curricula spans the five most in-demand programming languages:
- Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Python / Django
- PHP / Laravel
- MEAN Stack
- Mobile Development (Android and iOS)
- Competitive monthly salary
- High speed fibre internet
- Financing plans for accommodations and a Macbook Pro
- Breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday
- Healthcare coverage
- Savings account ($5,000 USD upon completion of Fellowship)
- A community of excellence
- A chance to change the world
- We are training future leaders committed to helping others succeed. As you advance in the program, you’ll mentor and support the next generation of Andela fellows. The Technical Leadership Program prepares you for endless career paths, including founding your own company, moving into management positions at Andela, and taking leadership roles at local and global tech companies. Graduates become a part of an exclusive alumni network and have access to career support, advice and opportunities.
- Andela is not easy. Andela is a commitment, and in many ways a sacrifice. But it is a worthwhile one, and if you give it your all, you will become truly world-class.
DEADLINE (NIGERIA): March 10 | Interviews: March 27 – 29 | Bootcamp: April 5 – 21
DEADLINE (KENYA): March 19 | Interviews: March 29 – 31 | Bootcamp: April 17 – 21
From Nigeria, Apply here
From Kenya, Apply here
Latest posts by Isaa Imam (see all)
- Expired: APPLY: Join Youthhubafrica as a Volunteer - February 28, 2017
- Expired: REGISTER: A Clever Solution To A Tricky Problem Participate @ StartHack2017 - February 26, 2017
- Expired: APPLY: The Andela Fellowship - February 23, 2017