The Sony World Photography Awards is the world’s biggest photography competition and its aim is sim to recognize and reward the best contemporary photography in the world.
The awards offer an unparalleled opportunity for exposure for photographers at all stages of their career and are known worldwide by industry leaders. The images are judged by the World Photography Organisation and a specially selected jury from the World Photographic Academy which is made up on the photographic industry’s most esteemed individuals.
There are four competitions:
- Professional – 10 categories, judged on a series of images
- Open – 10 categories, judged on a single image, open to all
- Youth – 3 categories, for photographers aged 12-19
- Student Focus – for those studying photography
In addition it runs the National Awards programme in 47 countries, looking to find the best single shot taken by a photographer from that country.
The awards offer categories across all genres of photojournalism, fine art and commercial photography, and the author of the image retains full ownership of the copyright in each entry.
- The awards have brought untold reward and recognition to those involved and each year offers a 30,000 USD in cash prizes plus the latest Sony digital imaging equipment.
- Professional, amateur, youth and student photographers from across the world are welcome to enter their best work.
January 10, 2017
To Apply and for more information, Click HERE
Latest posts by Bridget Okafor (see all)
- The Gates Cambridge Scholarship program - December 2, 2016
- APPLY: African Investigative Journalism Conference Bursary for African Journalists - September 6, 2016
- APPLY: International Society for the Performing for performing Arts Fellowship Program 2017 - August 15, 2016