Applications are now invited for the Global Solutions Program (GSP). The GSP is Singularity University’s flagship program serving innovators from a wide diversity of backgrounds, geographies, perspectives, and expertise. At GSP, you’ll get the mindset, tools, and network to help you create moonshot innovations that will positively transform the future of humanity. If you’re looking to create solutions to help billions of people, this program can help you do just that. Go find your tribe. Singularity University’s (SU) 2017 GSP program is scheduled for June 17 – August 17, 2017.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Global Solutions Program (GSP) is a 9-week immersive, residential experience at our campus at NASA Research Park in Mountain View, CA. GSP brings together dreamers and inspired solvers with unique skill sets, experiences, and passions, and empowers them to develop moonshot innovations addressing humanity’s grand challenges by leveraging exponential technology and entrepreneurial tools.
Specifically, GSP exists to foster the development of viable startups (for-profit or not-for-profit) that will positively impact the lives of a billion people in 10 years or less. If you attend GSP, you’ll have a remarkable opportunity to learn about exponential technologies and their broader societal implications; grow into global innovators and thought leaders; and build a strong, diverse community of friends for life who share your commitment to solving the world’s biggest problems.
This year, the GSP has two big changes:
- Climate change is the overarching theme, and
- They have a new collaboration with XPRIZE.
- Open to people who are driven to solve the world’s biggest problems. Do you feel like a misfit? Are you constantly coming up against conventional wisdom about the world? Do the people around you not believe that the world can be a better place? Then this is where you want to be.
SU is looking for people from all professional backgrounds, but will be really thrilled to find you if:
- You’re an accomplished entrepreneur, technologist, scientist, or change agent with expertise in your chosen field(s)
- You have a background in or a passion for addressing climate change or are working to address any of the direct or indirect effects of climate change, such as governance, security, sustainable water supplies, and alternative food or energy sources
- You’re already considering how to leverage exponential technologies to create positive impact in the world
- You’re committed to the long-term journey of launching an impact-focused startup
Note: Individuals typically apply to GSP, but we do accept a limited number of team applications (for teams of 2-3 people with a consistent track record of working together in successful startups).
COST AND BENEFITS
The program itself is free of charge. Program fees, paid for either by a GIC sponsor or Google funding, include housing, scheduled meals, academic materials, and site visits.
However, program funding does not include your travel and related expenses. Participants will need to cover the following expenses independently:
- Travel expenses to and from the program
- Personal care items
There are two ways to apply to the GSP. You can submit a direct application, or you can enter a Global Impact Challenge (GIC). You’re welcome to apply separately to both channels during the GSP 2017 admissions cycle.
Ready to apply? Go for it! Questions? See their FAQ.
DEADLINE: March 5, 2017
November 29th, 2017: Direct admissions open
March 5th, 2017: Submission deadline for direct applications
March 12th, 2017: Submission deadline for letters of recommendation (conducted through application software)
April 14th, 2017: Acceptance notification
June 17th, 2017: GSP participants arrive at SU
Latest posts by Isaa Imam (see all)
- Expired: APPLY: Join Youthhubafrica as a Volunteer - February 28, 2017
- Expired: REGISTER: A Clever Solution To A Tricky Problem Participate @ StartHack2017 - February 26, 2017
- Expired: APPLY: The Andela Fellowship - February 23, 2017