Singapore and ICAO jointly established a Developing Countries Training Programme (DCTP) in 2001 which is sponsored by the Singapore Government and administered by the ICAO Technical Cooperation Bureau for specialized training programmes conducted by the Singapore Aviation Academy (SAA).
The programme which has been awarding fellowships for training at SAA since 2001 was further extended and expanded in 2004, 2007, 2010 and 2013. In 2013, a new Aviation Leaders Scholarship for Diploma in Civil Aviation Management was introduced.
In response to overwhelming and continued demand, the fellowship and scholarship programme has been extended for another three years from 2016 to 2019, and expanded to provide 300 fellowships and 10 scholarships. Since 2001, 900 fellowships and 10 scholarships have been awarded under the DCTP.
- The Government of Singapore will bear the training fees, daily allowance of Sixty Singapore Dollars (S$60), hotel accommodation and economy airfare for participants accepted for the scholarship.
- Complimentary breakfast will be provided at the hotel and lunch at SAA during training days.
- SAA will purchase the air ticket for the accepted participant in Singapore. Arrangements will be made for the participant to arrive in Singapore one day before the course commences and depart Singapore one day after the course ends.
- Hotel accommodation will be provided for the training duration, i.e. one day before course commencement (after 2 pm) and one day after the course (till 12 noon).
- Daily allowance will be limited to the training duration, i.e. from the start of the course up to the last day of the course.
- Expenses to be incurred for stay beyond this duration will not be covered.
- The fellowships/scholarships are intended for participants nominated by their respective Governments. Nominating Governments should preferably nominate not more than 2 candidates for each course and advise which candidate should take priority if more than one candidate is nominated.
- The PDF copy of the completed Nomination Form needs to be submitted as part of the on-line application. All applications should be submitted on-line by the stated closing dates.
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Toluwanimi Onibokun (see all)
- APPLY: Youth@IGF Programme 2017 in Geneva, Switzerland - August 14, 2017
- APPLY: Millennium Campus Conference, Morocco 2017 - August 14, 2017
- APPLY: E-Learning Development Internship 2017 at UNSSC HQ in Italy - August 13, 2017