Applications are open for the NED Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2017. Named in honor of NED’s principal founders, former president Ronald Reagan and the late congressman Dante Fascell (D-Fl.), the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellows Program is a federally funded, international exchange program that offers practitioners, scholars, and journalists from around the world the opportunity to spend five months in residence at the National Endowment for Democracy (NED), in Washington, D.C., in order to undertake independent research on democracy in a particular country or region.
Located within NED’s International Forum for Democratic Studies, the program provides a rich intellectual setting for educational exchange and professional development. While in residence, fellows reflect on their experiences; engage with counterparts; conduct research and writing; consider best practices and lessons learned; and develop professional relationships within a global network of democracy advocates.
- Applicants are requested to visit the official website to read the details of the benefits.
- Typically the fellowship offer research, capacity building, and exchange opportunities.
While the two tracks share many common elements, they have different eligibility requirements and distinct goals, activities, and products associated with them.
- Citizens of any country may apply
- Proficiency in the English language
- Topics focusing on the political, social, economic, legal, or cultural aspects of democratic development
- Availability to be in residence at the International Forum for Democratic Studies in Washington, D.C., during the year for which candidates are applying for a fellowship
DEADLINE: July 31 2017
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Toluwanimi Onibokun (see all)
- APPLY: LEAP Summit 2018 in Croatia - January 22, 2018
- APPLY: Paid Internship Programme at ADB in Philippines (Administration and Customer Support Unit) 2018 - January 22, 2018
- APPLY: Internship Programme at The Royal Commonwealth Society 2018 - January 20, 2018