The African Leadership Centre has announced a call for applications for the Peace, Security and Development Fellowships for African Scholars with an aim to build a new community of leaders generating cutting edge knowledge on peace, security and development.
This Fellowship covers an 18-month period, comprising a rigorous training and research programme on peace, security and development, which includes a 12-Month MSc programme at King’s College London and a six-month attachment to an African University to undertake an independent research project. The Fellowship programme is designed to expose junior African scholars to the complexities of security and development issues facing the African contine
The African Leadership Centre undertakes to do the following:
- Taught MScs on Security, Leadership and Society, including mentoring and institutional attachments;
- Peace building and Security research – with a focus on “Future Peace and the Role of the State in Africa”;
- Consolidating partnerships with African universities through transfer of specified and joint research outputs into virtual learning across partner institutions;
- Creating and strengthening digital knowledge transfer platforms and policy influencing processes.
In order to be considered eligible,
- candidates must have citizenship in an African country.
- Successful candidates must hold valid travel documents prior to acceptance.
- The competition is open only to junior faculty members based in universities in Africa from departments of political science; international relations; history; law; development studies; peace; security and conflict studies, and related departments.
- Candidates will be expected to have a clear plan on how to utilise knowledge gained in the Fellowship upon returning to their countries and academic institutions.
- Candidates must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following values during the application phase: Independent thinking; Integrity; Pursuit of excellence; and respect for all forms of diversity.
DEADLINE: April 30 2017
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Toluwanimi Onibokun (see all)
- APPLY: WBYF Book Review Event With Ayisha Osori - September 18, 2017
- APPLY: Youth Entrepreneurship Workshop 2017 in Netherland - August 29, 2017
- APPLY: Pershing Square Graduate Scholarships, University of Oxford 2018-20 (Fully Funded) - August 29, 2017