The Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) is a non-governmental organization. Many donations have been kindly offered by enterprises and groups, most of the donors are individuals who are sympathetic to the founder’s ideals and maintain contributions to the fund from their limited incomes.
The Matsumae International Foundation is pleased to offer 20 MIF research fellowship program to international students of high academic ability for 2018 entry. Fellowships are awarded to undertake research at selected host institutions.
Matsumae International Foundation aims to assist international students who require financial assistance with scholarship, specifically for overseas students.
- Stipend for research and stay: ¥200,000 yen is provided monthly for the purpose of payment of tuition, expenses for research materials, lodging, meals, transportation, etc.
- Insurance: Overseas Travel Accident/Sickness Insurance: (1) Personal accident insurance with death benefit and medical treatment, and (2) Sickness insurance with death benefit and medical treatment.
- Air transportation: An economy-class round-trip air ticket between the international airport nearest to successful applicant’s home residence and Tokyo via most direct routing is provided. The provided air ticket cannot be converted to cash, nor can cash be provided by MIF for purchase of an air ticket by any individual or organization other than MIF
- Lump sum on arrival: ¥120,000 yen is provided to assist with local travel expenses on arrival, the initial cost of lodging, etc.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. (Doctorate) degree, or be recognized by the Matsumae International Foundation as possessing equivalent academic qualifications.
- Applicants must be under 49 years old at the time of application.
- Applicants must have sufficient conversational ability in English or Japanese to prevent insurmountable difficulties during their research activities in Japan.
- Applicants should not have been in Japan in the past and/or in the present.
- Applicants should have firm positions and professions in their home countries, and should return to their countries on completion of their fellowship stay by the foundation.
- Applicants must be of sound health and not physically handicapped in any way which would not prevent from carrying out research in Japan.
DEADLINE: August 31 2017
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Toluwanimi Onibokun (see all)
- APPLY: LEAP Summit 2018 in Croatia - January 22, 2018
- APPLY: Paid Internship Programme at ADB in Philippines (Administration and Customer Support Unit) 2018 - January 22, 2018
- APPLY: Internship Programme at The Royal Commonwealth Society 2018 - January 20, 2018