Soma in partnership with Commonwealth Writers and English PEN is delighted to announce a call for applications for a workshop on Kiswahili–English translation, to be held in Dar Es Salaam from 7-11 November 2016.
- Workshop participants will work on a consensus translation of one short story and one poem – with participation from the authors.
- The workshop will offer a space for collaboration and peer learning, where participants will be able to share ideas and, with the text before them, discuss the challenges of translating from Kiswahili to English.
- There will also be plenary sessions on subjects such as translation theory and building a career as a translator.
We are looking for:
- Early to mid-career literary translators working in Kiswahili–English translation
- Bilingual creative writers interested in exploring literary translation as a way to expand their writing practice
- More experienced literary translators and academics who are interested in translation teaching and methodologies, and in running translation workshops themselves
DEADLINE: October 20 2016
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Malti Danjuma (see all)
- APPLY: UNESCO International Literacy Prizes 2017 (open for applications and nominations) - May 19, 2017
- CALL FOR INTEREST: Holding Dialogues and Consultation Towards Integrating Youth Voices In the Ongoing Review of the National Youth Policy (for Youth Based Organisations) - May 5, 2017
- APPLY: DW Blogger Competition 2017 - May 4, 2017