The Howard G. Buffett Fund for women Journalist, the first funding initiative of its kind, enables the IWMF to dramatically expand its support of women journalists. Howard G Buffett Foundation, the fund will support projects including educational opportunities, investigative reporting and media development initiatives.
- The fund was designed to help women journalists from around the world by providing grantees support to:
- Expose under-reported but critical global issues
- Undertake ambitious projects that challenge traditional media narratives
- Develop field-based expertise and strengthen careers
- Pursue critical skills training and leadership opportunities
- Launch entrepreneurial news projects or acquire the skill to do so
- An applicant must identify as a woman and be a full time professional practicing journalist with more than 3 years of post-graduate journalism experience.
- If applicable, teams of journalists may apply, but the team leader must be a woman journalist and the group must include at least 50 percent woman
DEADLINE: March 7 2017
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Malti Danjuma (see all)
- CALL FOR INTEREST: Holding Dialogues and Consultation Towards Integrating Youth Voices In the Ongoing Review of the National Youth Policy (for Youth Based Organisations) - April 28, 2017
- APPLY: Info Congo Stories, Maps and Data Visualization Grants 2017. - April 19, 2017
- APPLY: Consultancy to Develop A Strategic Plan for Youthhubafrica (Terms Of Reference) - April 18, 2017