Hague Academy for Local Governance in the Netherlands invites applications for the 2014 fellowship, which seeks to invest in the capacity building of young ambitious local practitioners from developing countries through unique professional training and internship talent programmes.
Talent for the governance offers young local government practitioners in these countries the possibility to take part in a talent programme in the Netherlands aimed at training and knowledge exchange.
- Training course at The Hague Academy for Local Governance (two weeks)
- Internship at a Dutch Local Authority (Municipality, Waterboard or Province) (one week)
- Networking activities
- After the programme the talent will implement Back-Home-Action plan, which he/she wrote during the programme. Regular reports on the progress of this plan will be posted online.
- Applicant needs to work for a Local Government (e.g. District, Municipality, City, Region, Province, waterboard, etc)
- Work in one of the countries listed on the DAC countries list
- Be 37 years of age and younger
- Have at least 2 years of work experience in local governance and have the intend to work there for at least two years more
- Speak and understand English language well (all programmes are in English)
- Be able to write and vocally defend his/her motivation for and the relevance of the specific programme
- Be able to identify an issue/project as a Real-Life-Case within the theme of the programme for which he/she will write a Back-Home-Action Plan during the talent programme
- Have complete support of the employer to participate in the programme and to implement the Back-Home-Home plan when returned home.
DEADLINE: 13th July, 2014
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by rotimi (see all)
- APPLY: Plural+ Youth Video Contest - April 7, 2016
- APPLY:UNESCO Poland Co-Sponsored Fellowships Program 2016 - April 7, 2016
- APPLY: Internet.org Innovation Challenge in Africa - April 6, 2016