Applications are open for Daniel Pearl Fellowship program, to offer special fellowships to honor the life and work of journalist Daniel Pearl.
- To provide the fellow with experience in reporting, writing, editing, and editorial decision-making that will enhance future professional performance;
- To expose the fellow to the technological changes that are occurring in the industry;
- To enable the fellow to gain a practical understanding of the function and significance of the free press in American society;
- To transfer knowledge gained on the program to colleagues at home;
- To foster continuing ties between free press institutions and journalists in the United States and their counterparts in other countries.
- The fellowship covers all costs of program-related international and domestic U.S. travel, health insurance and provides a monthly stipend to cover basic living expenses.
- Journalists who are citizens of Muslim-majority countries
- Current full-time employment as a journalist for the news or editorial departments of independent newspapers, magazines, wire services, or online publications of general public interest
- At least three years of full-time professional experience as a journalist
- Early to mid-career status and between 25 and 35 years old
- A demonstrated personal commitment to a career in journalism
- Ability and desire to share what is learned on the fellowship with other journalists at home
- Endorsement from the management of the home news organization
- Excellent commands of both written and spoken English as all activities are conducted in English.
DEADLINE: August 31 2017
To apply and for more information visit here
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Toluwanimi Onibokun (see all)
- APPLY: 11th International Children’s Film Festival Bangladesh 2018 - October 23, 2017
- APPLY: UNESCO Tech Conference 2017 - October 23, 2017
- APPLY: Google Business Intern 2018 - October 23, 2017