To mark the 2017 International Day of Sport for Development and Peace, the Commonwealth Youth Sport for Development and Peace Network (CYSDP) in partnership with the United Nations Information Center, Lagos is calling for outstanding young leaders to participate in a Public Forum on Sport for Development andPeace.
- The Event is organised to further the #Sport4DevelopmentNG campaign objectives which is to promote the instrumentality of Sports as tool for achieving humanitarian, peace-building and development objectives.
- The Campaign is also designed to mobilize support and actions for the Nigeria Sports Bill.
- Representatives from governments, senior officials and academics will join members of the sport and development community at the Public Forum to discuss the role of Sports in promoting peace and sustainable development.
Application is open to:
- Youth Workers and outstanding young leaders in Sports and sustainable development practice.
- Representatives from governments, civil societies and academics involved in Sports for peace and sustainable development.
Date: Thursday, 20th April 2017.
Time: 9:30 am
Venue: United Nations Information Centre, 7, Alfred Rewane Road, Ikoyi, Lagos.
Theme: Sports – an enabler of Peace and Sustainable Development
DEADLINE: April 18 2017
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Malti Danjuma (see all)
- APPLY: The WindAc Africa Student Sponsorship Programme 2017 - August 22, 2017
- APPLY: Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship Program for Emerging African Leaders (Fully Funded) 2018 - August 22, 2017
- APPLY: Water Diplomacy Training for Young Professionals - August 22, 2017