Specifically, CARTA seeks to fund candidates who will be future leaders in their institutions; that is, young, capable, and committed individuals who, in time, will ensure that their universities will be the institutions of choice for future generations of academics and university administrators wishing to make a positive impact on public and population health in Africa.
These activities collectively serve to:
- Expose students to key theories and concepts, seminal readings, and research methods of disciplines relevant to public and population health
- Train students in critical research skills
- Build and maintain a network of researchers for scientific collaborations, professional support, and mutually beneficial exchange of scientific resources.
- A Masters degree in a relevant field.
- Prior admission into a PhD program is not required for application but awards are contingent on such admission being obtained at one of the participating African universities.
- Applicants for this program must be teaching or research staff at one of the participating African institutions and should be committed to contributing towards building capacity at their institutions.
- Applicants’ PhD research proposal must be related to public and population health.
- Fellowships are only open to people who have not yet registered for a PhD or are in the very early stages (first year) of the PhD program.
- Applicants must commit to participation in all four annual residential Joint Advanced Seminars (JASes), and to engage in inter-seminar activities designed to keep fellows actively engaged and in continual communication with peers and mentors.
- Male applicants must be under the age of 40 years and female applicants under the age 45 years.
DEADLINE: June 15 2017
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Toluwanimi Onibokun (see all)
- APPLY: Environmental short film competition 2017 by tvebiomovies - August 23, 2017
- APPLY: Camargo Core Program 2018 in France - August 22, 2017
- APPLY: Pure Talents Contest 2018 – Win €3,000 - August 22, 2017