We’re inviting artists who are migrants, living anywhere in the world, to dream about the future with us in Imagine 2037. Join us to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the British Council’s Edinburgh Showcase in this new project exploring place and migration
We’re excited to announce a new opportunity open to artists who are migrants, based anywhere in the world. To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the British Council’s Edinburgh Showcase, we invite practitioners to dream about the future with us in Imagine 2037, a festival of imaginary performances.
- we will contract each successful artist and offer a fee of GBP 250 per commissioned text.
- We will share them at live events and online. We’ll encourage partners, artists and anyone who is interested to share them widely.
- Artists who are migrants: who live in a country that’s not where they were born. We’re interested in hearing from artists based anywhere in the world. You should have some experience of working with performance.
- Artists are not eligible to apply if we’re presenting you in a live performance as part of Edinburgh Showcase 2017, or if we’re giving you an individual platform in one of this year’s Showcase wraparound events. However, artists who have taken part in previous Edinburgh Showcase events are welcome to apply.
DEADLINE: May 18 2017
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Toluwanimi Onibokun (see all)
- APPLY: WBYF Book Review Event With Ayisha Osori - September 18, 2017
- APPLY: Youth Entrepreneurship Workshop 2017 in Netherland - August 29, 2017
- APPLY: Pershing Square Graduate Scholarships, University of Oxford 2018-20 (Fully Funded) - August 29, 2017