ASC-IIAS Fellowship aims to attract researchers whose work is informed by current theoretical debates in the social sciences and humanities over global connectivities and who are able to critically engage with shifting paradigms in “area studies” beyond the ways in which these have traditionally been conceived in the West.
ASC-IIAS is particularly interested in receiving fellowship proposals that go beyond a mere analysis of current issues associated with African-Asian comparative economic developments or Chinese investments in Africa – although none of these themes, if appraised critically and for their societal consequences, will of course be excluded. Their definition of Asia and Africa is broad and inclusive, Asia ranging from the Middle-East to the Pacific Coast, and Africa from North-Africa to the southern tip of the continent.
Fellows will receive a monthly grant to cover the cost of living and housing.
Open to researchers and PhD holders whose work is informed by current theoretical debates in the social sciences and humanities over global connectivities.
Interested applicants are invited to email/post their applications, consisting of:
- Application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- A work plan of 1000 words maximum
- Two letters of reference
- Please ensure that a minimum of two letters of reference are sent in confidence via email or post, commenting on the applicant’s academic abilities and the value of the applicant’s research project.
DEADLINE: March 5, 2017 – September 15, 2017
For more information, visit here
Latest posts by Bridget Okafor (see all)
- Expired: APPLY: Join Youthhubafrica as a Volunteer - February 28, 2017
- Expired: REGISTER: A Clever Solution To A Tricky Problem Participate @ StartHack2017 - February 26, 2017
- Expired: APPLY: The Andela Fellowship - February 23, 2017