The Africa Research Excellence Fund announces its third call for applications for AREF’s transformative Research Development Fellowships. The Programme aims to enhance the research competitiveness of emerging African researchers with leadership potential who are working on important challenges for human health in Africa.
The Programme scope includes a broad range of science disciplines and health challenges. AREF is keen to attract more excellent proposals on important neglected tropical diseases
- The maximum award is 40,000 GB Pounds.
- The length of the Fellowship and actual amount awarded will depend on detailed and persuasive justification provided by the applicant and the quality of the engagement of their employing and host institutions.
- Be a national of a country in sub-Saharan Africa excluding South Africa;
- Be a post-doctoral scientist with a PhD, with up to 5-years of active research experience on 1 July 2016;or be a clinician with a research-relevant Master’s degree and up to 3-years active research experience;
- Be working in an active research role at the time of applying, with a guarantee of employment with a university or other legally established research organization based in sub-Saharan Africa for the duration of your fellowship; and
- Submit the required documentation, including declarations from your home and host sponsors detailing how they and their institutions will support your development as a researcher, if you receive an award.
DEADLINE: June 28 2017
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Toluwanimi Onibokun (see all)
- APPLY: 11th International Children’s Film Festival Bangladesh 2018 - October 23, 2017
- APPLY: UNESCO Tech Conference 2017 - October 23, 2017
- APPLY: Google Business Intern 2018 - October 23, 2017