TWAS-USM Postgraduate Fellowship is awarded to young scientists from developing countries (other than Malaysia) who wish to pursue studies towards a PhD in the natural sciences at the University Sains Malaysia.
- TWAS-USM Postgraduate Fellowship are tenable in the departments, institutions and laboratories of the Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) for a period of up to three years for studies leading to a PhD degree fin the natural sciences.
- The academic year in Malaysia begins in September and the second semester in February of each year, following the year of application. Candidates will enroll for their PhD at a USM department/laboratory and must observe USM’s academic calendar and be ready to start their fellowship on the first day of classes/courses.
- USM will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food
- The language instruction is English.
- Be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Malaysia).
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Malaysia or any developed country.
- Hold a Master’s degree in a field of natural sciences.
- Provide an official Preliminary Acceptance Letter from the Institute of Postgraduate Studies (IPS) USM to TWAS.
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English.
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family member.
DEADLINE: 15 September, 2014
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by rotimi (see all)
- APPLY: Plural+ Youth Video Contest - April 7, 2016
- APPLY:UNESCO Poland Co-Sponsored Fellowships Program 2016 - April 7, 2016
- APPLY: Internet.org Innovation Challenge in Africa - April 6, 2016