The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) is calling for applications from distinguished African researchers/ research institutions to conduct a baseline study on advocacy and engagement strategies to enhance youth participation in elections and governance in Africa
The main objective of the baseline study is to provide an understanding of youth participation in elections and governance in Africa with the aim of clarifying the gaps to be filled or opportunities to be harnessed by MINDS in order to increase, both quantitatively and qualitatively, the meaningful participation of African youth in elections and governance.
- The all-inclusive budget for this study is thirty six thousand US dollars (USD 36 000).
- Be a registered, compliant legal entity within at least one African country. (Applicable to organizations only not individual applicants).
- Have at least five (5) years’ individual or organizational experience conducting similar studies and/ or publishing academically acclaimed research on African youth, African elections and/or related fields.
- Have access to a diverse team (including but not limited to age, gender and geographic location/ exposure to the African continent).
- Be able to write and fluently present in English. The ability to collect data, write and present in other African languages especially French and/ or Arabic will be an advantage.
- Have a demonstrated track record of applying both qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- A demonstrated research track record or interest in governance in Africa, African youth or African economies will be an advantage.
- Be flexible to travel, should that be necessary. An extensive, accessible network across Africa e.g. offices in different African countries will be an advantage.
DEADLINE: February 3 2017
To apply and for more information visit here
Latest posts by Malti Danjuma (see all)
- APPLY: Youth Development Centre-Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library State Ambassadors Programme - January 19, 2018
- Expired: APPLY: 8th International Conference on Engineering Failure Analysis in Hungary - January 19, 2018
- Expired: APPLY: University of Warwick Chancellor’s International Scholarship 2018 - January 19, 2018